Have you been diagnosed with estrogen-positive cancer and prescribed an aromatase inhibitor (AI) as part of your follow-up care? Surviving & Thriving is a program designed to empower you while taking this powerful, effective medication.
Learn ways you can manage some of the common side effects and symptoms of estrogen blocking drugs. This program includes evidence-based information, simple movement/exercises, nutrition and supplement information, and support.
- Education: Healthcare professionals lead discussions on the effectiveness of this class of drugs.
- Movement: Physical or Occupational Therapists demonstrate exercises that may alleviate common side effects.
- Support: A social worker or counselor facilitates supportive discussions about your experiences as you navigate your wellness path.
- Nutrition: Healthcare professionals provide up-to-date information about diet and supplements that may (or may not) help.
Join us to learn more about how you can survive and thrive! Examples of AIs are: Anastrozole, Letrozole, and Exemestane.
This program is offered on 4 Saturday mornings via Zoom and last for 2 hours each.
Sessions are facilitated by Nurse Practitioner Carol Giffi, Occupational Therapist Melissa Clark, Medical Doctor specializing in Integrative Medicine Lesley James, and Certified Social Worker Martha Neubert.
Registration is required.
All programs and services are offered at no charge.
AI Program Dates
All sessions are virtual.
Wednesdays from 9:00 – 11:00am:
- June 7, 14, 21, 28
Wednesdays from 6:00 – 8:00pm:
- August 30, September 6, 13, 20