Studies have shown that patient education and communication positively affect patient health outcomes, including emotional and physical health. The Breast Cancer Coalition works with area medical professionals and other experts to offer a wide variety of Evening Educational Seminars throughout the year.
Evening Educational Seminars bring information and education to our survivors and community friends.
2020 Schedule to date:
Rochester (1048 University Avenue)
- Wednesday, March 25, 7:00 p.m.: “Alphabet Soup of Breast Cancer: IDC, DCIS, LCIS, Er, Pr, HER2/neu! What does it all mean?” presenter Dr. Joel Yellin, Rochester Regional Health
- Wednesday, April 22, 7:00 p.m.: “Taste & Savor Life” (cooking demo with tastings), Nancy Waldeck, Author/Chef (registration required)
- Wednesday, May 27, 7:00 p.m.: “Long Term Effects of Chemotherapy,” Dr. Carla Falkson, Pluta Cancer Center
All programs and services are free. Come with questions. Leave with answers. Questions about seminar topics? Please call Jennifer at 585-473-8177 or email us!
We are pleased to offer our Educational Evening Seminars in our Region:
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 6:00 p.m., “Breast Cancer and Nutrition”, Geneva Public Library, 244 Main Street, Geneva, NY
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:00 p.m., “Reducing Risk of Recurrence,” at Dansville Public Library, 200 Main Street, Dansville, Holden Room 1st floor
For more information or to learn of upcoming events, please call Miriam at 585-473-8177 or email us.