Studies have shown that patient education and communication positively affect patient health outcomes, including emotional and physical health. The Breast Cancer Coalition works with area medical professionals and other experts to offer a wide variety of Evening Educational Seminars throughout the year.
Evening Educational Seminars bring information and education to our survivors and community friends.
All Seminars are presented with Closed Captioning.
Come with questions, leave empowered on your own health experience.
Updates in Endocrine Therapy:
What’s the latest and what’s on the horizon?
Wednesday, February 22 at 7PM
Presenter: Ruth O’Regan, M.D., Medical Oncology, Chair of Medicine, URMC
Hormonal therapies continue to be the standard of care for breast cancer that is estrogen receptor positive. Join our Evening Educational Webinar to learn:
- How do hormonal therapies work and who should consider these?
- What are the differences between tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitor drugs?
- Which treatments are best for pre, peri, and post-menopausal women?
- How is fertility affected?
- Are there side effects to these drugs?
- How do these therapies affect bone health?
- Does hormonal therapy differ in the treatment of early disease vs. metastatic breast cancer?
Come with questions, leave empowered!
Submit questions in advance for Dr. O’Regan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future Evening Seminars:
- March 22: “Medical Marijuana: Where Are We Now?” by Luke Peppone, PhD, Patty Mallaber, DNP, and Stacy Forrett
- April 26, 2023: “Stages and Treatment of Gynecologic Cancer (ABCs of GYN)” by Ashlee Smith, MD, URMC Gynecology Oncology
- May 24, 2023: “Surgical Oncology of Breast Cancer” by Kelly Krupa, MD, Rochester Regional Breast Center