Gentle Yoga includes breathing exercises, gentle and restorative yoga postures, and mindfulness exercises. Yoga activates a relaxation response and can help relieve feelings of anxiety and can help people with cancer reconnect with their body. The goal of the class is to relax, be mindful, and to improve range of motion and flexibility.
Classes are 75 minutes in length and participants benefit the most when they are present for the full duration of the class.
Sessions are 4 to 6 weeks in duration. Class size is limited to 12-14 individuals. Participants must commit to all sessions in the series. Make-up classes are not offered and drop-ins to other sessions are not possible.
Advance registration is required.
Series are offered throughout the year. Call (585) 473-8177 or email us today to learn more about the registration process.
Some comments from Yoga participants:
- “It is a very soothing form of exercise and easy for those of different ages to practice”
- “I feel so much better after my yoga session. Any areas of stiffness seem to evaporate. It encourages me to do it on my own during the week”
- “Improved health, relaxation, serenity, centeredness, fellowship, community.”
- “I find it both physically and mentally welcoming every week as I take an hour to treat myself with care.“
Rochester (virtually via Zoom)
MONDAY mornings: January 4 – February 8: 10:00-11:15 am (Instructor: Susan Wood)
MONDAY evenings: January 4 – February 8: 5:30-6:00 pm (Instructor: Susan Wood)
- TUESDAY mornings: January 5 – February 9: 10:00-11:15 am (Instructor: Susan Wood)
- TUESDAY evenings: January 5 – February 9: 4:00-5:15 pm (Instructor: Susan Wood)
- Saturday morning
- Sunday morning
All Region (virtually via Zoom)
- MONDAY evenings: January 11 – February 8 (Instructor: Margaret Newland)
- WEDNESDAY evenings: January 13 – February 10 (Instructor: Deb Scodese French)
- Thursday evenings
Learn about other programs and services for breast and gynecologic cancer survivors.