Networking Group Guidelines
This is a safe, supportive, confidential environment for individuals living with Breast, Gynecologic, or Metastatic Cancer.
We ask that you:
- Arrive on time. Late arrivals and leaving early are disruptive to fellow survivors. Doors are locked 15 minutes after each meeting begins.
- Please sign in and sign Covid attestation each time you enter the Breast Cancer Coalition. Please be prepared to show proof of vaccination and booster.
- Please respect the confidentiality of all participants.
- Talk about your own experiences and feelings.
- Respect each person’s way of dealing with their diagnosis and treatment choices.
- Share airtime with other group members.
- Be a good listener.
- Refrain from giving advice.
- Resist any temptation to criticize others.
- Avoid “bad mouthing” specific health care providers. Recognize that each person may experience a provider differently.
- Communicate any concerns about the group within the group whenever possible, or to the facilitator or appropriate Breast Cancer Coalition staff.
- In-Person programming is subject to change according to the Center for Disease Control and Monroe County Department of Health directives.