The Metastatic Breast Cancer Access to Care Act would waive the five-month waiting period for SSDI and the subsequent 24-month waiting period for Medicare for those under 65 disabled due to MBC. Introduced in Congress for the third time, it is crucial that we, as citizen advocates, raise the profile of this Bill with our legislators and help move it to the floor for a vote.
Our focus now is the House of Representatives. At the Coalition, we are liaison to seven New York State House offices, including the office of Rep. John Katko, who stepped up in a very partisan atmosphere to become the Republican Lead Sponsor for H.R.3183.
Contact information (website links and telephone) are below. Every call, every email, every letter is counted. You all have a voice!
Rebecca Solomon, NBCC Team Leader
Call and ASK FOR SUPPORT from:
Rep. Chris Jacobs, NY District 27
202-225-5286 (DC); 716-634-2324 (Clarence); 585-519-4002 (Geneseo)
- Mr. Jacobs is new to Congress; we are working to acclimate his staff to the Breast Cancer Coalition and NBCC.
Rep. Claudia Tenney, NY District 22
202-225-3665 (DC); 607-242-0200 (Binghamton); 315-732-0713 (Utica)
- Ms. Tenney has signed on in the past, but not this term.
Call and THANK:
Brian Higgins (D), District 26
- 202-225-3306 (DC); 716-852-3501 (Buffalo); 716-282-1274 (Niagara Falls)
John Katko (R), District 24
- 202-225-4042 (DC); 315-253-4068 (Auburn, Lyons); 315-423-5657 (Oswego, Syracuse)
Joseph Morelle (D), District 25
- 202-225-3615 (DC); 585-232-4850 (Corning)
Tom Reed (R), District 23
- 202-225-3161 (DC); 607-654-7566 (Corning); 315-759-5229 (Geneva); 716-708-6369 (Jamestown); 716-379-8434 (Olean)
Rep. Elise Stefanik, NY District 21
- 202-225-4611 (DC); 518-743-0964 (Glens Falls); 518-561-2324 (Plattsburgh); 315-782-3150 (Watertown)
Other districts? Go to Congress.gov and look for H.R.3183 to see who has and has not signed on. Spread the word to family and friends. We need this Bill! Read the full bill and keep track of progress with the link below.
CONTACT YOUR SENATORS TODAY!
SENATE BILL S. 1312
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
202-224-4451 (DC), 585-263-6250 (Rochester)
Charles Schumer (D-NY)
As Majority Leader, Sen. Schumer does not sign on to Bills.
202-224-6542 (DC), 585-263-5866 (Rochester)